Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Trading Post #11: A Cracked Bat (Holiday Edition)

It gets quite busy around the Holidays, as we all know. I am not sure whether I'll have another post up before Christmas. Hanukkah started tonight as well, which meant a nice evening visit with my dad. But I did want to make time for a quick post.

In recent days, I've started to see still more generosity pop up around the blogosphere, courtesy of Julie at A Cracked Bat, who has been dominating my "Trading Post" theme recently. She recently posted that she was getting some Christmas cards in the mail, and I suspected that one of those might be headed my way.

Lo and behold, a few days ago a lovely Christmas card showed up (my first one of the year, no less) with this inside:

2013 Topps Triple Threads Relic Combos Sepia #TTRC-ATG Nolan Arenado / Troy Tulowitzki / Carlos Gonzalez /27 (MEM)
A combo relic of three star Rockies players, complete with a serial number! Topps saw fit to use three different colors of Rockies jerseys, and there's even a hint of a pinstripe on Tulo's jersey in the center. Not only that, but this card is serial numbered to 27 (on CarGo's left shoulder), which I didn't even notice the first few times I looked at the card.

A few other bloggers so far have received similar unexpected holiday gifts, as Julie continues to pepper this community with lots of great cards!

The very next day, I sent several trade packages out, including one destined for Julie. I had been saving up cards for her for a while, and I've reached out to quite a few new trading partners, so last week was a busy one for me at the post office!

One other thing I'd like to call attention to is a group break at Nachos Grande! This is the first one I'm participating in, and there are still quite a few teams available at $30 per. It should be quite the "extravaganza," in his words. He has also been doing a guest post theme for the past week or so called "Better Know a Blogger," which seems to be quite well-received by his readers and commenters. I have enjoyed getting to know some other bloggers through the lens of his thought-provoking questionnaire as I wait for mine to appear.

Happy Holidays to all my readers and trade partners new and old. And thanks yet again to Julie for the Rockies triple relic!

4 comments:

  1. Hanukkah Greetings - have blessed holidays! I saw the 3Xer at a recent card show. I spent quite a bit with a particular dealer. He gave me a great price on your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. theres 'euphemism' written all over those last two sentences !

      great card !

      Delete
  2. Nice relics card! The coloration is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card, I too like the three different jersey colors.

    I saw you picked the Rockies/Giants slot in the group break. If you get any cool Giants drop me a note and maybe we can work out a trade.

    ReplyDelete