Sunday, April 12, 2015

#WalletCard

It's already April and we're about a week in to the 2015 baseball season. Though I wasn't able to snag any tickets for Opening Day, I did get two Club Level tickets through work for home game #2. Although the Rockies lost to the Cubs 9-5 for their first loss of the season, spending a spring evening at the ballpark and surrounding bars with coworkers and my sister made for a fantastic Saturday evening.

Mr. Girardi managed to peek out of my wallet mid-game for my first #WalletCard entry of the year.


Rather than just a hat, I now have a proper Rockies jersey to wear to games, and it's of Nolan Arenado, the third baseman. He had a few defensive chances that were just too tough to convert, although he did hit a home run to left field early in the game! That's him at the plate, in a blurred background behind Joe Girardi's 1994 Topps Gold card with my left thumb obscuring most of Girardi's name.

There are many more trade posts to come, but I didn't want to let a trip to Coors Field slip by without posting an entry for the wallet card trend.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent view of the field! I've only been to Coors Field once back in 2002 and thoroughly enjoy the visit.

    ReplyDelete