Monday, June 8, 2015

#WalletCard overseas

For my first-ever trip out of the United States, my girlfriend and I spent several days in Vienna, Austria!

As many of the souvenirs remind you, there are no kangaroos in Austria. There are, however, many centuries-old buildings, like St. Stephen's Cathedral (Stephansdom in German), a central landmark in Vienna's old city, and darn near a thousand years old. I only took one #WalletCard photo while in Vienna, but I thought that would be the best place to do it.

A photo posted by AdamK (@adamk0310) on

It was a really fun trip, and my employer picked up most of the expenses! This was for President's Club, a company-sponsored event held at different location around the world each year. I was fortunate enough to have been voted in by my colleagues, and got to meet about 125 other employees and their guests from around the globe!

We had lots of wine, a tour of the Jewish Quarter, a visit to a Baroque-era cathedral outside the city and a wine tasting in their historic cellar, lots of wandering around on our own seeing the sights, and a stop by the open-air food market (a must for any foodie).

The company events were also fantastic, one of which was a dinner/ball at the Hofburg Imperial Palace. Appropriately for Vienna, we got some amazing musical performances as well, including a 10-year old boy who played Mozart amazingly well and got a well-deserved standing ovation, as well as a short concert from the Vienna Boys' Choir!

It was great to spend the better part of a week in a historic European city with my girlfriend, and we're already thinking about our next overseas trip together, likely to Scotland.

But now that we've returned, I'm getting right back into baseball, as I'll be seeing the Rockies host the Cardinals tonight for my third ballgame of the year. Mr. Girardi might make another appearance in fairly short order.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great work trip! Vienna is a city I'd love to visit some day.

    ReplyDelete